Tuesday, March 25, 2008

content challenge

What? I'm trying to blog again? It's a challenge to see if I can write every day for thirty days. As soon as I look at the page all thoughts leave me and I am only a pretend writer. I've had a long day at work, starting early early in the morning and going until 7 PM. Tomorrow I will take the day off and get to the gym and do some serious rock climbing. This past Sunday I, along with a climbing friend, climbed every route in the gym that was rated 5.8. It took four hours to do all 19 climbs in the gym. That's a lot of climbs and a lot of hours. My climbing was so sloppy by the end of the ordeal that I could barely make it up the wall. Those last few climbs were just rainbows -- I could barely stay on the routes. Tomorrow I'll try to do 5.9 climbs, but I'm not sure about doing all of them. It's a popular degree of difficulty and there are a lot of them. And then after I climb I'm going to a climbing clinic about spotting and falling. I'm a faller so this will be good. I'd be even more of a faller if I were bouldering, which I pretty much refuse to do. Occasionally one of my climbing buddies will get me into the bouldering cave where you climb up without a rope or anything. The walls in the cave are all inclined against you and there's a lot of hanging off the wall. It pretty much terrifies me but some easy routes I'll try up until the last move. Then I just stop.

So we'll see about the writing. It pretty much terrifies me too. If Dave's putting a link to this blog on his blog I'm pretty terrified that someone else might read this. So I might do the writing up until the last move and then just let go and drop to the floor.

1 comment:

Gil said...

I put a link but not until almost midnight so you're safe for today. But if you stop, guess what's waiting in the wings? SCORN!