Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kittens III

Three of the kittens have found homes. Phew. Two got to stay together. I'm relieved. The one remaining is number one (the first kitten snagged). He's black, well he's black with black stripes. I'm still working on getting a good photo that will show his loveliness. I am considering keeping him. He had ringworm, the reason the spca rejected them. "If you leave them here we might have to consider what this contagious disease will do to our other animals." -- meaning if I left them there they'd be euthanized. I finally got them to actually say what they meant. It was almost impossible for the woman on the phone to speak the truth without metaphor or evasion. So I went to pick them up and thus began the nightmare of finding them homes. So now he is the only remaining kitten. I think he's cured of the ringworm, he'll go back to the vet next week for clean slate pronouncement. He's much happier now that he's moved from the oven-hot guest room to the nice cool basement.

No comments: