Thursday, September 04, 2008

prison break-in, part IV

After five hours of shooting I was exhausted. There was still so much to shoot, but my judgment was failing and my knees would no longer go up and down as requested. Although it didn’t really seem like it from where we were, daylight would soon be gone. And we still wanted some outside shots (always taken last in case of discovery). We wound our way back out through the tunnels, past Phantom’s threat, and stepped out into the fresher air. By the time we headed back into the woods dusk was creeping. If not for my companion’s expert sense of direction in the bush, I think we might we wandering around still. I led us in the opposite direction – apparently my interior compass works only on city streets. Finally we emerged right back where we’d entered the forest, and within 15 minutes it was dark. It was kind of a big “phew.”

It’s a great feeling – you imagine that you’ve really pulled off a secret mission, getting into and out of a complex without detection, especially when security monitors the grounds. The wait to see the pictures is almost unbearable and we usually pull out our cameras at some point on the way home to look. Although we’re filthy and exhausted, we always feel satisfied and excited.

Next mission in two weeks. I don't know why, but blogger keeps blowing out the color in the photos (any help appreciated!). But you can see them here.
(Tomorrow: Sarah Palin, she’s been giving me nightmares.)

No comments: