Friday, January 16, 2009

cool stuff

Counting today, only five more days until we have a real president. A president who actually won a majority of the votes. A president who can speak in full sentences, who wants to find the best way instead of the ideological way, and who treats people with respect. Yes, he’s a bit too conservative for me (I’ve said this about him since he declared) and yes, I’m nervous about heightened expectations. But oh my goodness, I never thought, in my lifetime, that I’d have the opportunity to vote for anyone but a white guy for president and I did and he won. Racism, sexism, other isms aren’t over – not by a long shot. But what a start this is.

That’s my countdown moment.

I am all psyched up to see this. A program that allows people to draw an object and then have that object behave with the properties that the object would have in the real world. It’s called Crayon Physics. Looks very cool.

No comments: