Tuesday, June 03, 2008

ER photo

The photo of Belle with ER and MMB came to class with me today. Students were interested in it and its origin. We agreed that I’d keep at the mystery and see if I could find out more for them. We gave me an assignment. I asked if they were interested and they said I could give myself that assignment. Now I have to work on that too. It’ll keep me blogging about the actions I take to find the answer. I feel, after all my work in the past, that the answer is not out there. But someone suggested I post it on flickr. I’d never even thought of that because flickr didn’t exist when I was doing this last time. How things have changed. I will do the posting (although that student may have to explain to me the best way to do it). I will look at the websites and archives they suggested to me. What fun, to bring them in on the mystery. It’s not really visual or verbal rhetorically related. But it is a mystery and a mystery is always compelling. Now, if only I can get the rest of the class involved in discussions.

No comments: