Sunday, August 17, 2008

drug commercial

And now for a commercial interlude: I’m so glad that teenage boy found out about Plavix for his mother who’s suffering from PAD (what the !@#$ is peripheral artery disease?). But she’ll need to be careful about the side effects: “if you develop fever, unexplained weakness, or confusion” (confusion? confusion? what are we talking about here?) “tell your doctor promptly as these may be signs of a rare but potentially life threatening” (oh man, (whining) it’s always life threatening) “condition called TTP” (what the !@#$% is TTP?) “which has been reported rarely” (phew) “sometimes in less than two weeks” (what!?) “after starting therapy” (I’m not in therapy so I guess I’m safe) “other rare but serious side effects may occur” (omigod what could they be, I’m confused).

No comments: