Sunday, August 31, 2008

party

Terrific mojito party last night at upsidedownhippo. Goblin was in wonderful form demonstrating her fully healed mobility. I wish I’d brought more Obama buttons to distribute, I easily gave away the six I brought along. One partygoer had a secret theory that McCain picked Palin to throw the election. Somehow I doubt that. I see her now on his official website which is, itself, so packed with billboard crap it looks like a cheesy commercial site. The blue they’ve picked is a wishy washy turquoise and the busyness of the front page makes the site look like something McCain himself might have built in an intro to web design short course. There she is, her hair in a tight conservative up-doo, looking like a parody of a soccer/hockey mom. Nervous smile, leaning forward, staring eagerly into the lens. Although many of us will say he’s shot himself in the foot, we need to learn from the last two elections to never make simple assumptions.

No comments: