Saturday, August 02, 2008

mill shot

I’m sorry I missed August One. But here I am on two. I was actually in a place with no Internet connection, how strange did that feel? On the way to my brother’s house to help with the kids/move my car turned over to a hundred thousand miles. That’s 100,000 with five zeros. I am now the fave of the littlest of those children: An-def is my name. Middle child has a favored object: a small, child sized rainbow umbrella. She does everything with it, including sleep. My first night there I checked on them before I turned in and there she was, splayed out on her back left hand hanging over the edge of the bed, loosely holding the umbrella handle as it rested jauntily on the floor. She would absolutely not be without it.

Today I met up with another friend for a photo shoot in an abandoned mill. The oldest mill in Delaware, apparently. I injured myself climbing the fence – two pretty bad scrapes that tore my pants and are now cushioned in brightly colorful bruises. My tripod broke and I punctured my knuckle trying to make it do what the broken part was supposed to do. As a topper I lost the back of an earring, but the earring stayed with me. Through all this I did not complain. Rather I was delighted to be shooting in this enormously rich environment. Will post a shot or two after I get them out of the camera.

No comments: