Tuesday, July 22, 2008

broke toe (cont'd)

Wow. The Traumeel I’ve been putting on my toe has really worked miracles with the bruising. It’s been only four days and it’s almost all disappeared. But it’s like that Mandrake cartoon satire I saw years (and years and years) ago and still, to this day, remember. Mandrake the magician and his crew are on the side of the road looking at their flat tire. He’s telling them that he can hypnotize them into believing that the tire is not flat, and he can even hypnotize himself into believing it. But he can’t hypnotize the tire into not being flat. I’ve gotten rid of the bruising, but the toe is still broke. It feels like a foreign object attached to my foot. I put a sneaker on today for a short walk and it felt pretty crowded in there. I am determined to climb tomorrow even if I have to climb in sneakers. Yeah, it’ll be clunky. But it’s been so long since I climbed I’d have to drop so far back anyway, some clunkiness probably wouldn’t impact the climb anyway. We’ll see how it turns out. In the meantime, my friend who broke her foot has removed her cast. “I went swimming. It got wet.” “Well of course it got wet – you went swimming!” She just took the thing off because she couldn’t stand wearing it and has decided to find a doctor who she can “work with” – in other words someone who’ll confirm her diagnosis. “You’re not a doctor.” I say. “Yes. But I could be,” she replies.

No comments: