Saturday, July 19, 2008

the toe

Well, that toe is definitely broken. It’s entirely purple, all the way around. Looks like a nice ripe little grape. Blood from the bruise has spread about two and a half inches down into the foot, making a nice moon of faint blue under the skin. The swelling makes it feel like a foreign object attached to the side of my foot. I’ve been putting Traumeel on it – a homeopathic lotion containing a lovely combination of ingredients including arnica, the magic homeopathic bullet. I think it’s actually helping.

This is not the first time my little toe has been so abused. I’m reduced to flip flops since managing the toe into anything even remotely closed feels like a stretch. I won’t be climbing for a bit. And it’s already been something like three weeks since a serious climb.

No comments: