Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hot night

My three year old nephew must have given me that cold that made him sick for a single day during our reunion. I feel miserable. I couldn’t sleep last night and kept wandering around the house looking for a cool spot to land. The inside of the house simply wouldn’t get as lovely and cool as the outside. I would go downstairs, open the front door, and just stand there breathing in the delightful night air. But my bedroom was like a hotbox, no circulation and a top-hat of hot air in the attic. Now that I have my new windows – which I absolutely adore for the light they let in – I can no longer fit my fan in the window where I used to put it to draw in outside air. Finally, around 3 AM, I found a tiny fan for the window and it helped. But what I really want is one of those double window fans – one that draws in, the other that pushes out – next week I’ll go searching for one. I fell asleep fitfully for a few hours, tossing and waking up all through the night. Now I’m spent after driving two hours for work today. Hoping tonight at least the temperature can be better.

No comments: