Tuesday, May 20, 2008

busy day

Phew boy. Didn’t feel particularly well last night. Think it was something I ate before I turned in. That might teach me to leave stuff out too long. But also it might not. The next thing I need to try doing is writing in the morning rather than the evening. I find, as you might notice, that I write less, have less to say, less interesting topics, and less well written when I check in at the end of the day. This is not working for me. But I need to quiet the voice that tells me I need to get everything else done before I’m allowed to work on my own stuff – my blog, my essays, even my own academic writing. The no-writing voice is very powerful and irritating. Tomorrow morning I will try writing before I start working on my syllabus. Yes, working on the summer course syllabus – class begins one week from today. I’m pretty much finished with grading, must still submit them. But tomorrow is commencement, then a day of no appointments (I hope) and then up to MA to see the guy graduate. But this means that the day of no plans will be taken up with the rushing around of preparing for a trip. I’m making prayers to the gods that the roof bag I ordered will A. arrive and B. be left at the door tomorrow. FE is not always great about leaving stuff. I must leave a letter of supplication taped to the door. Well, that’s enough rambling for this evening. Getting all the commenting and grading done, three phone interviews, final grades, feeling sick, answering email, and a few odds and ends have made for a full day.

No comments: