Wednesday, May 07, 2008

still no brain

This has to be the worst week of the semester – last week of class. Four different stacks of projects and papers to respond to and evaluate. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Candidates coming for interviews. Open houses to attend and answer questions at. Public presentations of three different sets of projects. Group presentations in one class. Breakfast and lunch dates with work people to discuss various work things. And the cap at the end on Saturday night will be a fun evening seeing a friend’s play. Next week a little bit better – still a bunch of things to do, but three of them are parties. I like parties, but after a one or two it begins to feel like a chore.

Today I got done most of what was on the list. Still one group of grades not written up. But I think I can get to it tomorrow. I wish I had even a tiny bit more brain power to write even a tiny bit of stuff here that’s not about work. But my brain simply is not working for anything else. It’s barely working for this. I’m keeping up with my daily commitment, but I feel completely dazed by this semester. It’s worn though me. Added to all the work, all the bad news I keep getting is also wearing me down. I know it’s not happening to me, and for that I’m grateful. But it begins to feel like everywhere I turn.

That’s it for tonight. Soon, soon…my brain will be returned to me. I hope anyway.

1 comment:

Gil said...

I have it here in a nice jar.