Monday, May 05, 2008

today was...

Somewhere someone has finished all her grading. This person is not me and the place is not here. I have a brand new telephone on my desk. Taped to it is a tiny sign that says “please continue to use your old phone until May 11” and next to the test is a small clip art picture of an old hook and receiver telephone. Like from the movies. Under the small sign is a larger – but still perty darned small – piece of paper upon which is printed some instructions about how to use the phone. But the essential part is that you must call to set up a time to take new-phone-training. And every time you go to the new-phone-training website it says the trainings have been put off. I wonder if I’ll ever learn to use my new phone.

Today a very packed day. Two live chats and about eleven hundred papers graded. Tomorrow an actual class. And then more papers. And then the next day. More papers. And the day after that…more papers. Will this god forsaken semester ever come to an end? Too many problems piling up at the end. Too many.

No comments: