Sunday, May 18, 2008

ninja warrior

Ninja Warrior is pretty amazing. It’s on the G4 network (a gaming network). The commentator is outrageous and involved, but it’s hard to read the subtitles while you’re trying to watch the athletes running the incredibly difficult obstacle course. And it’s timed to boot! True athletes – Japanese and many other countries, many Olympic athletes – compete in this unbelievably difficulty course, three stages. So far I’ve seen only the fist stage – mostly because I haven’t seen anyone make it though more than the first part of stage two. But then I have to see commercials for things like Ultimate Fighting and it makes me feel like I’m watching the adolescent boy network. How did I ever get addicted to competition shows? But mostly on Bravo: Project Runway, Top Chef, Shear Genius, Dancing with the Stars, Amazing Race. Oh my.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems like Ninja Warrior is a natural outgrowth of Project Runway.

sbg said...

It certainly does!