Friday, May 23, 2008

gettin' outta town

Somehow the month goes by very slowly when I’m putting the date on paper every single day. There’s no “how did the month fly by, it was just the 2nd and now it’s the 27th!”

So today we leave for Amherst. Talk about time flying by. It feels like just a couple of months ago I was taking the boy up to college and now he’s graduating on Sunday. He’ll be an Amherst alum. I wonder what sort of mood he’ll be in. Will he be happy? Unrepentantly sarcastic? Unrelievedly stressed? I’m still getting accustomed to the moods I cannot impact. I have no wise words for him. I wish I did. Watching his struggle is both enlightening and difficult, I guess those two are always together. I wish I knew the best way to be of service in this situation, I feel completely bereft and useless.

So I will miss tomorrow here on the blog. I will do my best to make an entry on Sunday when we return. Just one more weekend as life flies by.

No comments: