Saturday, April 05, 2008

First Mets Game

Watching the NY Mets for the first time this year. Playing the Atlanta Braves. The Mets’ collapse last year – 7 games ahead then losing 12 of the last 17 in the last three weeks of the season – was the second worst in baseball history. I wish I could buy a TV station that would just show one team. I don’t want a hundred and forty for thousand games over the season. I just want this one team. I can either get all games, all teams by paying extra. Or all games of my local team on local station. But I can’t get only the team I want – the Mets. I’m listening to Tim McCarver, I still can’t stand him. Years ago, before his network career when he was just the Mets announcer, I once met a friend at the door to my apartment with a list of things I hated about Tim McCarver. He’s irretrievably annoying. I’m committed to getting back into baseball this season. Hoping it won’t mean all Tim all the time.

No comments: