Sunday, April 13, 2008

Food Network

I’ve recently become addicted to the Food Network. I haven’t watched enough shows to be able to know who I really like yet. But so far I’ve discovered that, even though she is somewhat (somewhat?) annoying, Rachel Ray’s 30-minute meals are good ones. I also like Bobby Flay. I discovered the Food Network one day when I came downstairs and turned on the TV set. It was already tuned to this channel and I just sat down on the couch and started watching. I found myself fascinated and began seeking out this channel again and again. I began learning things about food and cooking food that interested me and made me feel like I wanted to cook. I knew I was hooked when one afternoon, while watching Rachel Ray, I found myself thinking “I can do that” and in the middle of a fairly packed workday I made a list, went to the store, purchased ingredients, came home and whipped up three 30-minute dishes for two people who were coming over to watch the finale of Project Runway. I guess it might not be all bad to be addicted to the Food Network.

1 comment:

Gil said...

Now you have to design an evening gown for my dog.