Saturday, April 12, 2008

Poker night

Tonight is poker night. (Although we started out playing Catch Phrase, so I’d say it’s simply game night.) I actually write this missive from the middle of a game. We’ve got brand new slippery cards and so far I’ve won two hands. We have a stack of post-it notes on which we’ve written the names of the games we generally play. When the dealer calls the game we display its name on our little post-it note stand (an old desk calendar stand) so that we can remember the game we’re currently playing. We are women of a certain age and along with all the chatting we can’t always remember what we’re playing from one moment to the next. I wanted to get one of those scrolling LED signs to use for display as that would have been far more ridiculous, but we would not have been able to input all our game names and the game-to-game maintenance would have been far too labor intensive. We go low tech. So far I’m up. Back to the game.

No comments: